Welcome back to part two of the series of 50 Digital Marketing interview questions.
Part one of 50 Digital Marketing Interview Question. This article will help you get prepared for different types of questions you may come across while giving an interview for Digital Marketing. This series is for all levels of digital marketing.
- What are on-page and off-page optimization?
Possible Answer: On page optimization directly handles with the structure and content of a site whereas off page optimization boosts the search engine ranking by fetching external links to point back to it.
- What are the different types of SEO Practices?
Possible Answer: SEO practices can be broadly classified into two categories –
* White hat SEO
* Black hat SEO.
- How will you elaborate White hat SEO?
Possible Answer: White hat SEO as the name refers, it is the most legitimate practices to get higher rankings in the search engine result pages. A white hat SEO practice strictly abides by Google’s guidelines for SEO.
- How will you elaborate Black hat SEO?
Possible Answer: Black hat SEO practices are considered to be illegitimate and against the guidelines provided by Google and Google’s algorithms.
- What are the most commonly practised white hat SEO techniques?
Possible Answer: The most commonly practised white hat SEO techniques are publishing quality content on the website, HTML optimization and restructuring of the website, link acquisition campaigns etc.
- What are the practices of Black hat SEO?
Possible Answer: The most common black hat SEO techniques include spam links, keyword stuffing, cloaking, hidden text, and hidden links, etc that only mislead the users and redirecting to the sites that they didn’t vouch for.
- Why is online marketing preferred more than offline marketing?
Possible Answer: Most people today go for digital marketing as it comes with numerous benefits. SEO, web development, and hosting are some of the most useful platforms for online marketing. On the other hand, with technological development, a number of people reading newspapers, listening to the radio or watching TV goes down.
- What are the some best ways to get a natural backlink to your site?
Possible Answer: I think for a newly launched website, the chances of getting fast and natural links are almost zero. According to me one common method to get a natural backlink is to write guest posts on reputable websites.
- Can you explain about Google Adwords?
Possible Answer: Google Adwords is a Pay Per Click system that allows retailers to display their ads on top of the SERP using keywords and bids for those keywords to determine who’s ad displays first. Google is not the first to implement Pay Per Click but can be called the most successful with its implementation having around 90% of online businesses using its services.
- Can you explain about Google Adsense?
Possible Answer: Google AdWords are the ads you see at the very top (light blue portion) of the search engines on Google and their partners' search engines. This includes the right-hand side text ads you see when you type in a search query. " Whenever you see Sponsored Links and you click on those ads, companies are paying for it. Sometimes the cost is outrageous but depends on many factors.
- Can you give a brief about Adwords vs Adsense?
Possible Answer: AdWords and AdSense are two separate advertising platforms offered by Google that have very different use cases.
* AdSense Is for Website Publishers, AdWords Is for Businesses.
* AdSense Pays Website Owners, Businesses Pay AdWords.
- What is a responsive website?
Possible Answer: Responsive website is a website that is capable of adjusting its layout according to the orientation and viewport size of the devices. The content that is presented on the small screens and big screens appear the same.
- How can you increase traffic to a website in the most efficient manner?
Possible Answer: In order to effectively increase traffic to a website, we need to focus on SEO and referring links primarily. It will not only help us gain visitors but also assist in brand recognition.
- What are the top digital marketing tools you are aware of?
Possible Answer: The top digital marketing tools I came across or aware of are:
* Alexa Ranking
* Favicon Generator
* Digital Point Keyword Tracker
* Submit Express Link Popularity
- What are the differences between direct marketing and branding?
* Direct Marketing: In the case of direct marketing, the advertiser is mostly interested in establishing communication with his target audience, very common campaigns here are shopping ads, dynamic search ads, Search Network only and others.
* Branding: But in the case of branding, the advertiser has to expose his brand to sites and applications having higher audience reach. The most known methods here are YouTube ads, custom ads, display target ads and remarketing.
- Which is essential: engagement numbers or the likes/followers?
Possible Answer: (This is a tricky question) In case we are not curious enough and don’t like to explore, we will never get to know that social media is not just about the number of followers or likes. If those followers and likes don’t convert into sales or boost the business, what is the point to run after increasing them? Therefore, it is the engagement that is better than those followers or likes.
- Do you think Search Engine Marketing is important?
Tips: If you are fresher in the PPC industry(Digital Marketing), try to know about SEM along with PPC because there you start with the basics. (SEM is one of the fastest marketing channels).
- What are the ways to measure the SEM efforts that are successful?
Possible Answer: Well, this depends on our use case. If our aim is to spread awareness, then tracking clicks and impressions on paid and organic search listings are possible. But if the objective is to quantify the brand performance then measure through conversion rate.
- How should the PPC landing page look like in order to be good and attractive?
Possible Answer: A good and attractive landing page looks like:
* Powerful headline
* Clear call to action
* Trust symbols
* Lead capture form
* Many benefits
- Can you mention some options for bidding?
Possible Answer: Some of the bidding options are Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPI), Cost Per Action (CPA) etc.
This is it for the second part of the series and stay tuned for the upcoming series of this article. I hope this article is helpful to you.
For more on Content Marketing and Digital Marketing, sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest update.